After a competitive process led by DDA & Company, which generated strong interest, BNP Paribas Développement has taken a minority stake in Hexalean Industrie (“Hexalean” or “the Group“) alongside the management team.
Founded in 2003, Hexalean is an industrial subcontracting pure-player in the sheet metal, mechanical welding and surface treatment sectors. The Group is composed of 5 operational entities with complementary activities, specialized in the production of elementary parts, sub-assemblies or integrated and painted assemblies.
Employing more than 160 people on 3 production sites located in Ain and Rhône, the Group has a consolidated turnover of more than 26 million euros.
With such track record to his credit (leading more than 1,500 investments in 30 years and having a current portfolio of 1.2 billion euros invested), BNP Paribas Développement intends to support the Group and its teams in their projects:
- Organic growth, especially by pursuing its new clients acquisition strategy, strengthening existing businesses and entering complementary segments and areas of expertise
- External growth by supporting the Group in its research, qualification and financing of targeted acquisitions
Fabrice Lacour said: “BNP Paribas Développement’s equity investment will enable Hexalean to take a significant step forward. We intend to pursue our investment strategy in order to support our historical clients in their development but also through targeted external growth.”
Gilles Poncet and Emilie Gondal said: “We acknowledge the growth (organic and external) achieved by the Hexalean Group since its creation. Fabrice Lacour, Damien Vuillod and Jérôme Bernollin have capitalized on the Group’s multiple areas of expertise to create a leading regional player, supporting its loyal customers in the production of complex parts with high added value. We would like to thank Fabrice Lacour and his teams for their confidence and for giving us the opportunity to accompany the Group in its continued development, particularly through external growth.”
Alexandre Odin, founding Partner of DDA & Company, concludes: “The arrival of a key shareholder such as BNP Paribas Développement in the capital of the Hexalean Group will enable it to accelerate its growth and to continue building a pure-player in industrial subcontracting.”
DDA & Company advised the shareholders of Hexalean in this transaction, with a team consisting of Alexandre Odin, Nhu Quynh Golder and Benjamin Guedj.
Stakeholders in this Transaction
- Sellers: Fabrice Lacour, Jérôme Bernollin, Damien Vuillod
- M&A Advisors: DDA & Company (Alexandre Odin, Nhu Quynh Golder, Benjamin Guedj)
- Vendor Due Diligence: Oderis Consulting (Julien Passerat, Clément Tastet)
- Legal: Horace (Loic Richard du Montellier, Herminie Allard Jacquin)
- Buyers and Investor: Fabrice Lacour, Jérôme Bernollin, Damien Vuillod, BNP Paribas Développement (Gilles Poncet, Emilie Gondal, Julien Lemaire)
- Financial, tax, legal and social Due Diligence: Arthaud & Associés (Cédric Jacquet, Frédéric Molines, Benjamin Paoli)
- Senior debt: CA Centre-Est (Olivier Pichot, Valérie Ott Collonge), Banque Populaire Bourgogne Franche-Comté (Aurélie Laurent)